Re: st: Multinominal logit. Marginal effects with non-linear terms.

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Multinominal logit. Marginal effects with non-linear terms.
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:31:02 +0100 (BST)

--- "T.de Hoop" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm running an mlogit regression of this form:
>
> y=a+b.x+c.x2+d.y+e.z+f.(y.z)+u
>
> and I would like to know if any of the marginal effect commands can
> help me to get the correct marginal effects for the variables x and
> y, including the square term and the interaction. Do I have to do it
> by hand otherwise??

I have two questions:
1. You have an y as dependent and an y as independent variable. Is that
a typo, or are you adding lagged y?

2. In this case correct marginal effects has been used in different
ways in the literature. First, it can refer to not ignoring the square
or interaction terms. Second, it can refer to computing the average
marginal effects, instead of the marginal effect at average values of
the explanatory variables. Which do you mean?

Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081