Re: st: RE: gllamm question(s)

From   "E. Michael Foster" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: gllamm question(s)
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:14:19 -0400

splendid--

I just had absorbed the notion (somehow) that -gllamm- questions weren't encouraged but it sounds like that's not the case--

I'm more than happy to not to run a list,believe me!!

thanks to all--michael

Quoting Nick Cox <[email protected]>:

I don't think a lack of questions is much of a basis
for setting up a list. That said, Statalist as such
surely has no aspirations to hegemony, monopoly or
uniqueness. Let anything else flourish that people want to do.

That said, in my experience, all threads about the
desirability of separate lists lead nowhere unless someone is

(a) able

and

(b) willing

to volunteer

(c) to set up

and

(d) to maintain a list. This requires either that you
know what hardware and software are needed to run a list,
or that you know someone who does who is willing to help
indefinitely; and that you are prepared either to moderate a list or to
handle questions about the running of a non-moderated list.

Of course, many of us are, or have been, academics
or at least academically inclined and so enjoy
discussions of principle, but the point remains.

E. Michael Foster

I've noticed that there aren't many questions about -gllamm-
questions
on the list.

Would folks be interested in a separate list for -gllamm- or
have there
been more questions about -gllamm-- than I realize?

E. Michael Foster
Professor of Maternal and Child Health and
         of Health Policy and Administration