st: RE: Appending several files

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Appending several files
Date   Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:29:54 +0100

You might use thwe -dsconcat- package, downloadable from SSC using the
-ssc- command. After installing, you can type

clear
cd "C:\data"
qui fs *
dsconcat `r(files)'

and this should do the same job as your code. -dsconcat- also has a
-subset- option if you want to concatenate only subsets of the variables
and/or observations from each file.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Newson