Re: st: Percentages on x-axes

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Percentages on x-axes
Date   Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:15:40 +0000

N.B. please send plain ASCII text to Statalist
as enjoined in the FAQ and many times on this list.
Also, spelling is Stata (not STATA), ditto.

Those small points aside, my second guess is to
advise a look at -catplot- from SSC. The Statalist
FAQ, mentioned above and below, tells you
more about SSC and how to use SAS.

Claudia K\"onig (edited)

I guess I misformulated my problem.

What I need to have is a chart which on the y-axis gives me the value
(e.g. percentage of people with sleeping problems) on the x-axis I have
e.g. different status groups.

What I now would like to visualize is not only the percentage within a
group with sleeping problems. I also would like to demonstrate how
this status group is in the whole population.

So far I've double and triple checked the book "Visual guide to
Stata Graphics" by Michael Mitchell as well as everything I found on
the Stata website.

<comments on SPSS, SAS>

Am 24.01.2006 um 16:45 schrieb n j cox:

> At the simplest, are you overlooking -graph hbar-?
>
> If not, more detail on what your data are and what you have tried
> to date please.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Claudia K=F6nig, lic. phil.
>
> Is there a way of having the width of a bar (on the x-axes) visually=20=

> reflect its respective percentage and that all categories sum up to=20
> 100%?
>
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

--Apple-Mail-31-897676064

Nick:

I guess I miss formulated my problem.

What I need to have is a chart, which on the y-axes gives me the value
(e.g. percentage of people with sleeping problems) on the x-axes I
have e.g. different status groups.

What I now would like to visualize is not only the percentage within a
group with sleeping problems =96 I also would like to demonstrate how
big this status group is in the whole population.

So fare I=92ve double and triple checked the book =91a visual guide to
STATA graphics=92 by Michael Mitchell as well as everything I found on
the STATA website.=20

I=92m working with a swiss healt survey. I=92m more used to work with =
SPSS
which doesn=92t give me that option. So I=92ve learnt now STATA (which I
actually like a lot). Apparently it=92s possible to draw such a chart

</fontfamily>

Best,

Claudia

<excerpt>At the simplest, are you overlooking -graph hbar-?

If not, more detail on what your data are and what you have tried

to date please.

Claudia K=F6nig, lic. phil.

Is there a way of having the width of a bar (on the x-axes) visually
reflect its respective percentage and that all categories sum up to
100%?

*

* For searches and help try:

* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

</excerpt>=

--Apple-Mail-31-897676064--

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Previous Article (by Date): Re: st: Error message: adosubdir not allowed n j cox
Top of Thread: st: Percentages on x-axes =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Claudia_K=F6nig?=
Articles sorted by: [Date] [Author] [Subject]

Go to Harvard School of Public Health LWGate Home Page.
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/