Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: if-statements in sureg - not possible?

From   "Scott Merryman" <smerryman@kc.rr.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: if-statements in sureg - not possible?
Date   Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:36:34 -0600

I dont believe you can do with sureg-, however it is not too difficult to
–reshape- the data.

The example below regresses a cross-section of firms’ investment on market
value and capital stock for nine years in a SUR framework.

webuse grunfeld, clear
keep if time <10
drop time

reshape wide invest mvalue kstock, j(year) i(company)
forv i=1935/1943 {
	local rhs "`rhs' ( invest`i' mvalue`i' kstock`i') "
}
sureg "`rhs'"

Hope this helps,
Scott