Re: st: St:How to store matrices permanently

From   "Jamie Griffin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: St:How to store matrices permanently
Date   Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:05:58 +0000

If you use the command
drop _all

instead of
clear

then any matrices currently in memory will not be cleared, and neither
will any stored estimates.

Jamie Griffin

>>> [email protected] 01/18/06 11:37 am >>>
Hello,
I construct a matrix in stata using matrix and postest commands, after
an estimation. I create variables based on this matrix. In this
process, the memory required exceeds the set memory, which, in turn,
forces me to "clear" and "set memory". Thus, I'm forced to rerun my
estimation, which is too long a process to be tried often (2-3 days!).
Please suggest me a method, wherein I can store the results of an
estimation, and some matrices in stata permanently in  a dataset or
some other way, so that I can access it as and when required. Even
"estimates store" does not seem to be working, once we "clear" the
dataset.
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Badri