st: Some kind of count or tabulation?

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Some kind of count or tabulation?
Date   Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:09:11 +0000

Dear all,

Stata 8.2 Windows XP Pro SP2

My data set looks like this:

obs Var1 Var2 Var3 Var(nth)
1 jacn clstr lnreg pval
2 bstr . lgreg nopval
3 . rct . nopval
4 jacn clstr anova .

What I want to do firstly is to count frequencies of features in each variable, which I did with tab1 varlists. Then what I want to find out is simply how many observations contained all the variables, e.g. in this example, only 1 observation i.e. the first (observation 1) contained all the variables. I think it has something to do with tabulate but just couldn't get the syntax for this. Any help/advise is appreciated.

Regards,
bw

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/