Re: st: areg not supported in ver 8.2?

Subject   Re: st: areg not supported in ver 8.2?
Date   Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:08:10 -0500

At 06:31 AM 1/17/2004 -0500, Tim R. Sass wrote:
I am trying to run a panel analysis using areg with the robust option. My program ran fine a couple of months ago, using ver 8.0. I subsequently upgraded to ver 8.2. Now when I run the same program I get the error message:

"version 8.2 not supported"

Does anyone know what is going on here? Has areg been dropped? I need to calculate huber-white robust standard errors, but that still doesn't appear to be an option in xtreg.

Tim
I have the latest Stata and just tried areg with the robust option and it worked fine for me. Perhaps you could post the actual commands you used. You say you were running a "program" - if by program you mean a do file, perhaps the problem lies somewhere else than in the areg command.

You might also just try adding the command

version 8

to the top of your do file and see if that solves your problem. As the online help says, "version # allows old programs to run correctly under more recent versions of Stata and ensures that new programs will run correctly under future versions of Stata." See -help version- for more info.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]