Re: st: Re: Re: ivreg2 use

From   Mark Schaffer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected], Luis Fernandes Rodrigues <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Re: ivreg2 use
Date   Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:44:16 +0100 (BST)

Luis,

Quoting Luis Fernandes Rodrigues <[email protected]>:

> Hello Kit
>
> In the end of your reply you stressed that a version of ivreg2 is
> currently
> under development which will provide 'ivgmmN', allowing for
> arbitrary
> heteroskedasticity and serial correlation in the error process.
>
> This will be a enormous help for the research four which I need to
> go
> frequently out of Stata. Do you know something more about its
> availability
> or other GMM procedures already available?

If you contact me directly by email, I can send you a working beta
version.  It implements a variety of heteroskedastic and autocorrelation-
robust (HAC) estimators for single-equation IV/GMM estimation using the
Barlett (aka Newey-West), Parzen, Tukey-Hanning, quadratic spectral, or
truncated kernels.  It needs a couple of tweaks in the code that checks for
collinearity between instruments and a revised help file, but is otherwise
suitable for use (=testing) by a real user (=you).

--Mark

> Thanks
>

> Luis

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3008
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
you are prohibited from using any of the information contained
in this e-mail.  In such a case, please destroy all copies in
your possession and notify the sender by reply e-mail.  Heriot
Watt University does not accept liability or responsibility
for changes made to this e-mail after it was sent, or for
viruses transmitted through this e-mail.  Opinions, comments,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Heriot Watt University are
not endorsed by it.