Re: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition

Subject   Re: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:55:38 -0400

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Donald Spady <dspady@ualberta.ca> wrote:
> It has been a while since I used SPSS, but two things that really sold me on Stata, and which continues to sell, are (a) this listserv.  Expert advice given freely and quickly.  SPSS didn't have that when I used it.  Maybe it has changed now, but I doubt it; and (b) when I buy Stata, I get to keep it forever.>

Those are relevant points, and I make them, not so much to sell Stata
(ultimately it's up to other people to decide what's right for them)
but to point out that SPSS is run in a very predatory, exploitative
manner.