Re: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition

Subject   Re: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:53:50 -0400

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Joerg Luedicke
<joerg.luedicke@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not really remember if the "automatic recode" covers things that
> -egen, group()- can do, but I don't think so.

I'll look at encode().

At any rate, I don't
> believe SPSS has even one single advantage over Stata... ;)

Just saying that doesn't convince skeptical SPSS users, though.

--
JVVerkuilen, PhD
jvverkuilen@gmail.com

"Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field.
I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world
is too full to talk about." ---Rumi