st: bcal

From   betaidi2 <betaidi2@msn.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: bcal
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:16:58 -0600

Dear Statalist,

I am trying to code a bcal  that excludes Election day.
Election day is the 1st Tue of the Nov ,provided it is not on Nov 1, then it
is 2nd tue of the Nov
That is it's range is Nov 2-Nov 8

The following code will exclude the 1st tue of Nov:

from 01jan1885 to 31dec1968: omit dowinmonth +1 tue of nov

I need it to apply only if it's not Nov 1
Can one use an if-not (or if-then  etc.) in the bcal coding?

Any thoughts on solution?
I did not want to code each one individually because one would lose forward
nature( i.e. from date to .:)

Thanks
David Hunter