Re: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:06:42 +0100

-encode- is fine. The selling point of -egen, group()- is that it
extends without pain to composite categorical variables.

Nick