Re: st: RE: Re: ivreg2 program code

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: ivreg2 program code
Date   Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:39:49 +0100

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Schaffer, Mark E <> wrote:
> A follow-up question for Maarten...
> What are the pluses/minuses of putting the Mata library in subdirectory
> l (lower case L)?  That's where ssc would put it.

That is where I would put it as well, as the name of the mata library
(livreg2.mlib) starts with a l. I think I remember that all Mata
libraries need to have a name starting with a l. I don't know more
about the plusses and minuses, in my advise I just tried to copy the
behavior of -ssc-. The main reason for not knowing more about this is
that I am fortunate enough to have always been using systems that
allow me to use -ssc- rather than having to it manually, so there has
never been any need for me to look deeper into this.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen