st: Re: ivreg2 program code

From   "Michael Ndlovu" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: ivreg2 program code
Date   Mon, 06 Feb 2012 14:26:23 +0200

Dear Nick
I apologise if my previous e-mail was not clear. I do require assistance with the ivreg2 function. However I am having a problem with my server thus I did not download it through the ssc install command, I am actually using a program define do file which I ascertained from the following address:

I encountered this issue when I tried to run this code as a do file on my stata 12.0. If I indeed require a more advanced mata code may you please direct me to where I can ascertain the latest coding in a do file format.

I cannot use the ssc command.

>>> Nick Cox <> 2012-02-06 13:59 >>>
You are trying to use -ivreg2- (SSC) and -ranktest- (SSC). Please
remember to explain where user-written commands you refer to come
from. Also the heading -ivreg- is misleading as -ivreg- is a quite
different command.

Your problem is one with the associated Mata code. Please check that
you downloaded the latest version of the Mata library required. --ssc
desc ivreg2- and -ssc desc ranktest- show that you need to install
livreg2.mlib. Sometimes closing and restarting Stata fixes small
problems like this.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Michael Ndlovu
<> wrote:
> I am having a problem with the both the ivreg2 and the ranktest stata program code. I am currently using stata 12.0 and the problem is that when I run the code on from a do file stata gives me a r(3000) error message and informs me that "struct ms_vcvorthog undefined", under the subheading "LIML" of the code.
> I would appreciate thoughts on what could be causing this problem and suggestions on how one could go about resolving it?

*   For searches and help try:

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the SA Reserve Bank's
Disclaimer and Confidentiality Clause, which can be viewed at:
Should you be unable to access the link provided, please send a
blank e-mail to