st: recovering -table- output for programmatic use

From   Charles Vellutini <>
Subject   st: recovering -table- output for programmatic use
Date   Mon, 6 Feb 2012 05:44:45 -0800

Dear Statlisters,

This question has been asked before but I have not found the simple exact solution (that I am sure must exist). So here it is: how do we recover the output of a -table- command for programmatric use, ideally as a matrix? I am aware of the user-written -tabstatmat- command but that works only with -tabstat-.

Thanks in advance,