st: Cox proportional hazard model

From   Nyasha Tirivayi <>
Subject   st: Cox proportional hazard model
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:32:21 +0200

I would like to model  intrahousehold transitions from unemployment to
employment. In the household are:
1. A patient receiving AIDS medication
2. And non-patient household members living together with the patient.

I am thinking of applying the cox proportional hazard model, where
duration of AIDS medication is the time variable. How can  I analyse
the transitions by other non-patient family members, when they do not
receive AIDS medication? Do I assign the time variable to the patient
and his/her non-patient family members?

Kindly advise

Nyasha Tirivayi
Maastricht University