Re: st: Nominal or ordinal?

Subject   Re: st: Nominal or ordinal?
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:42:33 -0500

Looks like an ordinal variable to me. It is always possible that the assumptions of the ordered logit model will be violated with your data, but if it works an ordinal model will be much more parsimonious than an mlogit model. If not that familiar with ordinal regression, you may wish to check out Long and Freese's book:

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/regmodcdvs.html