RE: st: RE: AW: Re:

From   aschaich@smail.uni-koeln.de
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   RE: st: RE: AW: Re:
Date   Wed, 24 Feb 2010 01:06:36 +0100

As I told in my first post, I´m an absolute Stata rookie.
The reason why I have so many different datasets is that I read somewhere that
Stata cannot filter observations properly, i.e. without deleting the remaining
dataset. That´s probably nonsense... So in order to deduce conditional
statements, I split the original (huge) dataset into numerous sub-datasets.

With regard to the centile(5 50 95) command, it has only been a bit of laziness
that I didn´t try to omit the 5 and 50-centiles - as soon as it worked, I was
happy :-)

And by the way: Thanks a lot for the hint with the loop - I´m gonna try it right
away! Here too, someone told me that looping within a filename wasn´t
possible...

Best,
Andi