AW: st: RE: AW: Re:

Subject   AW: st: RE: AW: Re:
Date   Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:07:11 +0100

<>

" The reason why I have so many different datasets is that I read somewhere
that
Stata cannot filter observations properly, i.e. without deleting the
remaining
dataset."

Not so, as you correctly guessed. Use the -if- qualifier!

" With regard to the centile(5 50 95) command, it has only been a bit of
laziness
that I didn´t try to omit the 5 and 50-centiles - as soon as it worked, I
was
happy :-)"

Omit 5 and 50, and then use - post internal (r(lb_1)) (r(c_1)) (r(ub_1))-
for the -postfile-

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von
[email protected]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2010 01:07
An: [email protected]
Betreff: RE: st: RE: AW: Re:

As I told in my first post, I´m an absolute Stata rookie.
The reason why I have so many different datasets is that I read somewhere
that
Stata cannot filter observations properly, i.e. without deleting the
remaining
dataset. That´s probably nonsense... So in order to deduce conditional
statements, I split the original (huge) dataset into numerous sub-datasets.

With regard to the centile(5 50 95) command, it has only been a bit of
laziness
that I didn´t try to omit the 5 and 50-centiles - as soon as it worked, I
was
happy :-)

And by the way: Thanks a lot for the hint with the loop - I´m gonna try it
right
away! Here too, someone told me that looping within a filename wasn´t
possible...

Best,
Andi