st: RE: RE: AW: how to inicialize a new thread?

From   "Isabelle Deltour" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: AW: how to inicialize a new thread?
Date   Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:29:45 +0100

One additional remark for new-users:
remember to format the new e-mail as plain text.

(my mailer will automatically keep the format of the current e-mail if I reply, but uses the default options -in my case, html-  when I create a new email.)

Hope this helps
Isabelle Deltour

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 2:43 PM
Subject: st: RE: AW: how to inicialize a new thread?

To expand briefly on Martin's remarks:

The importance of starting a new thread with a new email is emphasised in the Statalist FAQ.

The point is mentioned twice, at 2.2 and 3.4.

For queries about how to interact with Statalist, please do consult the FAQ first.

Martin Weiss

Your email client will remember the address and fill it in automatically, so
you can safely start a new thread from a completely blank email. If you
reuse old posts, the threads will not be correctly identified, which impairs
the usefulness of the archives. The stock of knowledge in there is a much
underappreciated resource for users, so let`s try and maintain it by
sticking to these common sense rules about posting.

José Maria

According to Neil's warning I am not correct in my postings in a new thread
of mine, since every time I post to the list I use the post of someone,
erase the subjet, but, just because I am a little lazy, I maintain the
adress .
Should I change my behaviour and use the command "start a new mail"  and
type the adress when I send a mail not related with the former subject ?