st: how to inicialize a new thread?

From   José Maria <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: how to inicialize a new thread?
Date   Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:21:02 -0200

According to Neil's warning I am not correct in my postings in a new thread of mine, since every time I post to the list I use the post of someone, erase the subjet, but, just because I am a little lazy, I maintain the adress [email protected] . Should I change my behaviour and use the command "start a new mail" and type the adress when I send a mail not related with the former subject ?
José Maria

Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza, Professor Titular (aposentado)
Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saude Publica, USP
Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 715
01246-904  -  S. Paulo/SP - Brasil
fones (11)3061-7747; (11)3768-8612;(11)3714-2403
www.fsp.usp.br/~jmpsouza
----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: st: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Christopher Hajzler <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Seema,

What I recommend is to re-post your question under a new thread (this
should be simply a matter of re-sending your email to the same
address, but changing the subject heading to reflect your question)
and someone should respond.

A subtle nuance of this, is that you should NOT reply to an existing
email when you are starting a new thread, because even if you change
the subject title there are bits of information normally hidden that
allow messages to be 'threaded' as they are in the archives, and
without changing these the email will be appended to the thread,
albeit it with a new title.

Neil
--
Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/

__________ Informação do ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versão da vacina 4585 (20091108) __________

A mensagem foi verificada pelo  ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com