st: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)

From   Demo Crazy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)
Date   Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:46:21 +0000 (GMT)

After seeing this post

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-08/msg01142.html

I tried to install my *legal* copy of Stata 10 with one of those serials available on the web. I found the same behaviour: random dropping of variables.

Therefore the original Stata itself (not version modified by others as gus from Stata suggest) includes undocumented functions: this is definition of MALWARE. Is it including also other undocumentd parts of code that allows it to steal my personal data?

I thinks that this behaviour from Stata can be sued. Just a notice telling that this dropping has beed made because the license is not valid would make it legal. But otherwise Stata guys are crackers, includign malware in their product.

Thank you a lot STata: you have finaly convinced me that I won't ever buy a new copy of Stata and just move to other statiscal package (preferibly open source like GNU R, but maybe SAS or another)