Re: st: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)

From   Joseph McDonnell <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)
Date   Sat, 7 Nov 2009 13:43:52 +0930

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Demo Crazy <> wrote:

> I tried to install my *legal* copy of Stata 10 with one of those serials available on the web.

The words "available on the web" speak volumes. To the best of my
knowledge, serial numbers are made available only through StataCorp.
If you have downloaded a serial number from a site other than
StataCorp's, it is not a legitimate number and your copy is illegal.
If you bought your copy from StataCorp (or one of its agents) you
would have received a valid number and there would be no need to go
looking on the web.

Have a good one.