Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression

From   "alessia matano" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression
Date   Tue, 27 May 2008 12:13:51 +0200

Dear Austin,

I attempt to do the estimation with bootstrap....after time-demeaning
my observation. I have just a doubt. It is true that bootstrap allows
the cluster option, what i do not understand well is for what should i
clustered my observations to allow correct standard errors after
time-demenaing myself the observations. generally i clustered them not
for individual, but for provinces where they live (cause of
heteroskedasticity). However bootstrap either using the individual
cluster or using the province ones does not work, saying that there
are time repeated values within the panel, while when I tsset them it
understands the panel structure. May you help me with this also? It
works only when I cluster() with no variables inside.
May you suggest me something? Also to read about?
thank you very much
alessia