Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression
Date   Thu, 22 May 2008 13:28:00 -0400

alessia matano <>:
The ref cited elliptically in

Takeshi Amemiya
"Two Stage Least Absolute Deviations Estimators"
Econometrica, Vol. 50, No. 3 (May, 1982), pp. 689-711

which proves consistency of that model (2SLAD) for the structural
parameter \beta which determines the conditional mean of y = X\beta.
That's the conditional mean, not median. I.e. not the usual
interpretation of LAD in terms of quantile regression; see e.g.
Koenker and Hallock 2001:

If you have survey data, read Stas K.'s refs in

So I guess I need more info from you as to what data you've got and
what you want to estimate before I make any claims about