Re: st: Stat Transfer

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stat Transfer
Date   Sat, 8 Mar 2014 17:33:32 +0000

I cannot help on line dropping.

Two notes on the side:

1. -fs- remains a user-written command from SSC, so I surmise you
installed it at some point.

2. As recently mentioned here, -dropmiss- (SJ) is best used in some form like

dropmiss, force

which is a relatively clean way to -drop- all variables that have all
observations missing. I am a bit fuzzy on the original motivation (it
goes back to 1997 at least) but the tendency of spreadsheet users to
leave blank columns that there were then read as variables by Stata
was something that has been fixable this way for a long while. I don't
know of an option to do this with -import excel-.