Re: st: Stat Transfer

From   jose maria pacheco de souza <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stat Transfer
Date   Sat, 08 Mar 2014 14:37:56 -0300

Em 08/03/2014 13:34, Simon Moore escreveu:
Hello Statalist

I occasionally process data that arrives from various locations in excel
files (n > 50) and that change from time to time. I use Stat Transfer
(v10) to convert these files to Stata (I am on v13MP) by including the
following line in a .do file:

cd "`dir'"
stcmd *.xlsx *.dta /y

I have found that this does create .dta files but *drops every 16th line
of data*. Just wondering if anyone else here had encountered this and if
this is something to do with Stat Transfer, Stata of excel? It is a bit
of a worry.

Dear Simon:
I copy below the information from the Transfer advertisement:

"Download a Stat/Transfer Demo

You can download a free demo copy of Stat/Transfer. You will get a complete, functioning copy, except that one out of about every sixteen cases will not be transferred. The complete manual can be downloaded as a PDF file and is also included in the online help file.

When you decide to purchase Stat/Transfer, as soon as your order is processed we will send you an activation by e-mail that will activate your copy and allow you transfer all of your cases. We will also, if you wish, ship a Quick Start manual and a CD."

josé maria
--
Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza
Professor Titular (aposentado), Professor Senior