Re: st: drop observations - if statement

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: drop observations - if statement
Date   Thu, 6 Mar 2014 15:43:28 +0000

This really shouldn't be difficult. Also, I've failed as a program
author if my help is not clear.

It is also crucial that you don't do anything destructive to a dataset
without understanding exactly what you are doing.

As established at length in this thread

dropmiss cusip

will _not_ do what you want because "." does not qualify as string
missing to Stata. So, it appears that what you want is

dropmiss cusip, piasm

but

drop if cusip == "."

is an exact equivalent.