st: Graph with Panel Data

From   Nirina F <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Graph with Panel Data
Date   Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:15:49 -0500

Hi all,
Sorry if I am sending this twice but I had an issue with my email.
I have panel data and I am trying to graph the following.

I have 120 countries and 40 years of data. Then I have a list of
classifications of regions: western, southern etc....
I also created a variable that groups the years into decades by
recoding the year.
I have a list of variables income, consumption that l called xvar in global.
I collapsed the data by Country and decades

I have another collapse by Country and year ( By the way, is there a
way to go back to previous data without having to save the new
collapsed data?)
I have kept all the classification dummies while doing the collapse.

I know I could do export my data and do the graphs with excel but
Stata graphs look neater and beautiful so I was wondering if anyone
could help.

"I did read the statahelp but I somehow could not get the output graph
I would like- My output looked messy"

1- I would like to get the sum of the variables xvars by
classifications(southern)
2-I then would like to have a trend by year of the countries southern
vs. non-southern (since it is a dummy) [I would like to see a solid
line for southern through years and dotted lines for non-southern]
3- I would like to repeat the same graph but instead of by year, by decades.
4- I would like to do a stacked bar graph of 5 of my xvars by decades
by classifications
4- I would like to do a stacked bar graph of 5 of my xvars by decades
for just 4 countries and the graphs are next to each other.
Thank you so much always for your help.
Best regards,
Nina