Re: st: CI95% proportion data correlated clustered

From   Ronan Conroy <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: CI95% proportion data correlated clustered
Date   Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:13:02 +0000

Prof. Ronan Conroy
Associate Professor of Biostatistics

RCSI Department of Epidemiology and Public Health Medicine
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Lower Mercer Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
T: 01-402-2431
E: [email protected]  W: www.rcsi.ie

RCSI DEVELOPING HEALTHCARE LEADERS
WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WORLDWIDE
On 2014 Feabh 20, at 19:44, Marcos Vinicius wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have a dataset where can be possible that I subject have more than one reported trauma
> incident . .(example below). I would like only to describe the binary event (trauma) taking into
> account the correlated data(cluster).
> I am a Stata beginner . Does anyone know a stata code to conduct that analysis?
> ID    trauma
> 1     1
> 1     0
> 1     1
> 1     0
> 1     1
> 2     0
> 2     0
> 2     1
> 2     1
> 3       0
> 4       1

I seems to me that you are recording the incidence density of trauma, rather than the cumulative incidence – the data look like repeated observation periods on each participant. If this is the case, then the incidence density entails summing the events and summing the periods of observation, so that each participant is represented by two variables: number of events, and number of periods.

> FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop!
> Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth

Ronán Conroy
[email protected]
Associate Professor