Re: st: Computing z-scores with zanthro Issue

From   Patrick Abi Nader <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Computing z-scores with zanthro Issue
Date   Tue, 11 Feb 2014 07:45:48 -0800

Thank you Joerg it worked. I tried resorting the file (zbmiageus)
first and it still said data not sorted. Than I downloaded everything
again and it worked.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Joerg Luedicke
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Your data does not need to be sorted in any specific way for -egen
> zanthro- to run. The error message seems to be due to the reference
> data which in this case (i.e. US CDC) should be contained in the file
> -bmiageus.dta- and which -egen zanthro- apparently wants to have
> sorted. Try to download the data file again or try
>
> *-------------------------
> use zbmiageus.dta
> sort __SVJCKHsex  __SVJCKHxmrg
> save zbmiageus.dta
> *-------------------------
>
> Then -egen zanthro- should run without complains.
>
> Please remember to mention where user-written commands come from and
> which version you use. My above comments are based on using
> -_gzanthro.ado-  version 1.0.2 dec2011, SJ13-2 dm0004_1.
>
> Joerg
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Patrick Abi Nader <[email protected]> wrote:
>> hello Stata users,
>>
>> I am trying to compute z-scores for children's BMI data. I found the
>> zanthro package and downloaded it.
>> this is the code that I am using and I believe it is the correct one
>>
>> "egen zbmi = zanthro(v3_bmi,ba,US), xvar(v3_chd_ageyears)
>> gender(gender)gencode(m=1, f=2) ageunit(year)"
>>
>> v3_bmi is my bmi variable, ba is the growth chart for 2-20 years old
>> in the US, v3_chd_ageyears, is child age in year, and my gender
>> variable is also included.
>> after I run the code this is the error that I have received:
>>
>> "using data not sorted r(5);"
>>
>> So I sorted the data on the BMI variable and subsequently on the age
>> and ID variables and it still gave me the same error. Does anyone have
>> any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Patrick
>> *
>> *   For searches and help try:

Patrick Abi Nader, MS
PhD Student
Exercise and Sports Sciences/ Physical Activity and Public Health
MPH Student in Epidemiology
Oregon State University
502-930-1517

"So even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for
your growth so is he for your pruning."

"Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a
moving sea between the shores of your souls."

"Fill each others cup but drink not from one cup."

"Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf."

Khalil Gibran

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. " Charles darwin