Re: st: gllamm or xtmixed models?

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: gllamm or xtmixed models?
Date   Tue, 4 Feb 2014 15:26:05 +0100

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Antonio Rodriguez Andres wrote:
> But I am not sure which specification should be use. Could you please help me with that?
>
> xtmixed depression gender age || country:
> xtmixed depression gender age || country: gender
> xtmixed depression age || country: gender

The first two seem legitimate models, the last one seems problematic
to me as it allows the effect of gender to differ from country to
country, but constrains the average effect of gender to be 0.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50