RE: st: gllamm or xtmixed models?

From   "Antonio Rodriguez Andres" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: gllamm or xtmixed models?
Date   Tue, 4 Feb 2014 16:11:28 +0200

Thank you Carlos and Richard

All models are feasible but what do you mean depends on Antonio's data. I am using individual level data from the European Social  Survey for 23 countries.
The dependent variable is the depression score that is assumed to differ across gender. But I am not sure which specification should be use. Could you please help me with that?

xtmixed depression gender age || country:
xtmixed depression gender age || country: gender
xtmixed depression age || country: gender

Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Carlos Avellaneda Suárez
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 12:05 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: gllamm or xtmixed models?

I agree with Richard (to me it wasn't clear enough Antonio's first question to begin with), and I would also suggest to both Alfonso and Antonio to read the Stata Multilevel Mixed-Effects Reference Manual available at http://www.stata.com/manuals13/me.pdf in order to avoid further confusion (in pg. 285 you can read about the -mixed- command).
And just to stress out what Richard just wrote, the model specification proposed by Antonio is, at least, feasible (if it is correct or not depends on Antonio's data):
xtmixed depression x1 x2 x3 || country: x2

Best regards,
Carlos