Re: st: gllamm or xtmixed models?

From   Alfonso Sánchez-Peñalver <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: gllamm or xtmixed models?
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:11:48 -0500

Hola Antonio,

the short answer is no, because you can’t have a fixed and random slope at the same time. Including country after the colon indicates that the slope on x2 is a random variable across countries. Including it in the main equation you assume that it is a fixed parameter. It can’t be both.

Best,

Alfonso Sánchez-Peñalver, PhD

Visiting Assistant Professor
Suffolk University