Re: st: high-DPI eps or emf files

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: high-DPI eps or emf files
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2014 18:10:23 -0500

Thanks, Sergiy, this was very helpful.

The blurry issue happens on a coauthor's PC, and I won't bother him
for a screenshot. In any case, I found some references about poor
behavior with eps or emf:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2002708
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1422949/emf-with-forced-antialiasing

So maybe I will try PDF, now available even under Stata for Windows.
But why would that be better, I am not sure. And of course, EMF graphs
could still be edited later one, while PDFs could not be. I am amazed
that the graphics drivers for Windows formats are so bad on Windows.
(OK, eps is not a Windows format, of course.)

Still, thanks a lot!

Laszlo