st: high-DPI eps or emf files

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: high-DPI eps or emf files
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2014 14:16:47 -0500

Hi,

I am mostly using Stata 13.1 MP for mac, but if I need to generate emf
files, then of course this is about Stata 13.1 MP for Windows.

I have the problem of eps or emf files generated with -graph export-
do not seem high-resolution ("are blurry") in documents later on. I am
no expert on these formats, but this sounds strange for vector
graphics formats. Is the size of the image too small, then, and other
apps magnify these file formats incorrectly? Can this is be fixed in
Stata?

I found this note, if it is relevant:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2553300/dpi-for-emf-files

Or is the following the only solution, really? A manual hack?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15388048/change-resolution-of-emf-image-files-to-prevent-quality-loss-in-powerpoint

If you have any experience with this, your thoughts would be more than welcome.

Thanks,

Laszlo