Re: st: -tabulate- looped over levels with -foreach-: how to count each subject only once, and display row percentages?

Subject   Re: st: -tabulate- looped over levels with -foreach-: how to count each subject only once, and display row percentages?
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2014 11:54:13 -0500

Michael, tabulate wouldn't know if it is executed within loop or not
and it doesn't care. Perhaps the error is in another part of the code?
The following code demonstrates that looping works as expected.
However if your Group variable is a string, then don't forget to put
compound quotes around `l' and be careful with the length of the
macro.
Best, Sergiy

sysuse auto, clear
rename foreign Gender
rename mpg Age
rename rep78 Group
tabulate Gender Age, row
qui levelsof Group, local(levels)
foreach l of local levels {
    tabulate Gender Age if Group == `l', row
}