st: RE: Stata crashed: do-file gone?

From   "Raymond P. Hicks" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata crashed: do-file gone?
Date   Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:45:41 +0000

Hello Adrian,
This has happened to me before. I am using Windows and found that a copy of the do files will sometimes be stored in the temp folders, if you have run the do file. In the directory C:\Users\\`c(username)'\\AppData\Local\Temp
there may  be some TMP files that start with ST. These are temporary files that Stata uses. The most recent ST file may contain at least part of the do file you lost.
I hope this helps,
Raymond Hicks

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Adrian Stork
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:23 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Stata crashed: do-file gone?

Dear statalisters

My Stata just crashed after I typed in a command I already forgot.
Thanks to my stupidity, I did not click on 'save' the entire day. Now today's work in my do-file is gone. I guess it could have been much worse but still, does anyone know if there is maybe a temporary file on my computer saved with some version of today's work (or is it definitely lost)?

Thank you for any advice!

Best,
Adrian