Re: st: Marginsplot after Poisson regression and negative predicted values

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Marginsplot after Poisson regression and negative predicted values
Date   Wed, 8 Jan 2014 15:33:42 +0100

The fact that you did not use -poisson- but -xtpoisson- is crucial
here. -margins- looks at the default prediction to determine what it
is going to predict, unless you specify the -predict()- option in
-margins-. If you look at -help xtlogit_postestimation- you can see
that the default prediction is the linear predictor not the expected
count. So the solution to your problem is to look at that help file,
select the prediction you want, look at the help file of margins on
how to use the -predict()- option, and apply all that.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50