RE: st: Overwritten?

From   "Francis, Richard N" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Overwritten?
Date   Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:28:56 +0000

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the suggestion, that might just do the trick!

Sergiy developed the work-around targeted the idea of using panel data with the -sroot- program, and did address the -residuals- issue.

The -residuals- issue arose after I began developing some proficiency with the panel data work-around developed by Sergiy.

So, if I understand what you are suggesting: 1) your code will eliminate the need for -srootfix- ; 2) your code will permit the use of panel data; and 3) your code will address the creation of the new -residuals- variable .... am I on the right track?

I am most grateful for your help.

FYI, I am a SAS user, so Stata is VERY foreign.  I try to get a general sense of the code, but the syntax is pretty much out of my grasp.

Thanks again!

Rick Francis
Associate Professor
Department of Accounting