Re: st: Marginsplot on backtransformed data

Subject   Re: st: Marginsplot on backtransformed data
Date   Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:30:25 -0500

Patrick Royston's -marginscontplot- (available from SSC) can be used when you've done a log or other transformation of an independent variable. See the help file example entitled "Example using a log-transformed covariate".

For a dependent variable, I think you can use the glm command, at least some of the time. You should get a 2nd opinion on this, e.g. Austin Nichols is much better with these sorts of things than I am. When the dependent variable has been transformed I believe it is often better to use glm anyway. In the following you don't get exactly the same results from regress and glm but I don't think you are supposed to (and the results are similar).

webuse nhanes2f, clear
gen sqweight = weight ^.5
reg sqweight i.race
margins race