st: Using sem for CFA taking into account couples correlation (dyadic analysis)

From   Marta Garcia-Granero <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using sem for CFA taking into account couples correlation (dyadic analysis)
Date   Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:28:19 +0100

Hi everybody:

Is it possible to add dyad information (husband-wife correlation) to a CFA using sem on Stata 12.1? We have used -sem- for a 4-factor CFA on the 32 ordinal items of Dyadic Agreement Scale (DAS). We have 415 married couples and our initial analysis did not include the couples id:

sem (CONSENSUS-> das1-das3 das5 das7-das15)(SATISFACTION-> das16-das23 das31 das32)(COHESION-> das24-das28)(AFFECTEXP-> das4 das6 das29 das3

One of the referees mentioned "Dyadic Analysis", by Kenny, Kashy and Cook (2006) as reference for the effect that the lack of independence had on the variances, standardized statistics and degrees of freedom of our model.

I already have a couple id variable, as well as gender, and I would like to incorporate that information (within couple correlation between wife and husband) into my sem model.

Thanks a lot,
Marta