st: RE: trends (p-values) and annual percentage changes of directly standardized rates

From   "Song, Lin" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: trends (p-values) and annual percentage changes of directly standardized rates
Date   Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:44:41 +0000

Anita,

Here is one tool you might be able to use.

http://surveillance.cancer.gov/joinpoint/

Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Anita Kiauka
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:13 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: trends (p-values) and annual percentage changes of directly standardized rates

Dear all,

I�m struggling with  a problem since several days also I think it is only complicated for me;-( I tried to find a solution on my own via Internet for days now. However, unfortunately I was not successful and therefore I hope someone of this great community can help me with advice.

I need to calculate annual percentage changes (APCs) plus corresponding confidence intervals (CIs) and p-values for the trend of directly age-standardized rates (for female breast cancer).

I calculated the age-standardized rates and CIs using the distrate command.
I can also calculate APCs, CIs and p-values for the trend of APC using Poisson regression adjusting for age (using age-groups as categorical variable in the model). But this is not what I want.  I can also calculate the APC and CIs for the directly standardized rates by using formulas of epidemiological textbooks. But then I have no p-value (which I need according to the task).

Can someone help me? I�m happy about any advice.

Thanks in advance

Anita