Re: st: cmp command with bivariate probit model and hierarchical dataset

From   "Bartus Tamás" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: cmp command with bivariate probit model and hierarchical dataset
Date   Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:49:56 +0100

Dear Fatma,

 Tip 1. If hh_id is household ID,  then your syntax is wrong, and you should type

cmp (work = $all_Xs || region_id:  || hh_id:) (school= $all_Xs || region_id || hh_id: ), ind($cmp_probit $cmp_probit) nolr

The rule is: first region, then households within region

Tip 2. You might begin with fitting the single level model

cmp (work = $all_Xs ) (school= $all_Xs ), ind($cmp_probit $cmp_probit) nolr

as well as the empty multilevel model

cmp (work = || hh_id: || region_id:) (school= || hh_id: || region_id), ind($cmp_probit $cmp_probit) nolr

to see what goes wrong.

If the single level model fails to converge, you should perhaps change the model specification so that the explanatory
variables in the work and the school equations do not overlap.

If these do not help, you should tell more about your data and variables.

Hope this helps,

Tamas

--

Tamás Bartus, PhD