Re: st: Fwd: Retrieving macros defined inside for loop

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Fwd: Retrieving macros defined inside for loop
Date   Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:03:09 +0000

What the difficulty is here is not clear. In your case, macros defined
within the loop that are not the loop index should remain visible.  I
suspect a different problem, trying to access them in a different
locale.

. forval j = 1/6 {
  2. local c_`j'  `j'
  3. }

. mac li

S_level:        95
F1:             help
F2:             #review;
F3:             describe;
F7:             save
F8:             use
S_ADO:          UPDATES;BASE;SITE;.;PERSONAL;PLUS;OLDPLACE
S_StataSE:      SE
S_FLAVOR:       Intercooled
S_OS:           Windows
S_MACH:         PC