st: Maps in Stata: how to match lat/long to shape file?

From   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Maps in Stata: how to match lat/long to shape file?
Date   Mon, 18 Nov 2013 04:10:35 +0000

Hello,

I have a dataset that has a list of points with lat/long coordinates for each of them and I have the shape file for a country with state boundaries. I would like to generate a third dataset that tells me in what state each of the points is, and do things like calculate number of points by state.

What are my options for doing this? I've looked at spmap / tmap / sh2dta but nothing so far.

Thanks,
JY

----
Sent using GuerrillMail.com