st: Calculating confidence intervals for the ratio of stratified standardised mortality rates

From   Paul Mee <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Calculating confidence intervals for the ratio of stratified standardised mortality rates
Date   Thu, 7 Nov 2013 14:08:45 +0000

All

Apologies if this is a rather naive question but I hope someone can help me.

I have been calculating age/sex standardised mortality rates stratified by geographical areas I used dstdize for this in stata and it worked fine and gave me the standardised rates and importantly confidence intervals which I extracted from the relevant macros/matrices . For reference this is the command I used

dstdize total_hiv_tb_death population adj_cat, by(all_data) ///
using("C:\work\Research\Analysis\Paper1_mortality\stata\rates\std_pop_09_10.dta") level(90)

No I need to calculate the ratio between the standardised mortality rates in two time periods (i.e. from different separate dstdize commands ) and calculate confidence intervals for these mortality rate ratios .

Any help with how to do this in stata would be very much appreciated.

Paul

[email protected]