Re: st: -svyset- parameters for survey with multiple waves

From   Mohamad Mahmoud <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: -svyset- parameters for survey with multiple waves
Date   Thu, 7 Nov 2013 00:55:12 +0200

Many thanks Steve for taking the time to  share your thoughts.
The poll manual lists an average design effects by country by wave as
well as the margin of error (one number only for each country/wave
pair). The manual explains that "the design effect calculation
reflects the weights and does not incorporate the intraclass
correlation coefficients. Design effect calculation: n*(sum of squared
weights)/[(sum of weights)*(sum of weights)]".

I have a weighting variable for each respondent.

Can I use the Design effect and weight to correctly specify the
standard errors and coefficients?

thanks,
Mohamad