st: meta analysis in stata

From   Azreen Karim <[email protected]>
Subject   st: meta analysis in stata
Date   Mon, 4 Nov 2013 16:36:13 -0800 (PST)

Dear Stata users,

I am a beginner in using Stata and would like to use it in my current project which is a meta analysis in economics. My current meta dataset have got the following variables:
Paperid (unique paper code)
Y (all percentage changes of specific variables)
Income (1, 2, 3 to define different types of income)
Consumption (1 ,2, 3 to define different types of consumption)
Poverty (0, 1)
Wealth (0,1)
Health (1,2 to define different categories)
Education (1,2 to define different categories)
Labor (1,2 to define different categories)
Disaster (1,2,3,4 to define different types of disasters)
Method (1,2  to define different techniques used in various studies)
Control variables (household, time, region, demographic, socioeconomic, geography) in binary (0,1) format
Dependent variables in this model would be Y, income, consumption, poverty, wealth, health,education,labor i.e looking at the impacts of disasters on these variables.
Method and disaster would supposedly be independent variables (although i am not sure how to utilize unique paper code inside the model.
All the data are in percentage changes and had been grouped together in Y column. The other dependent variables(e.g. income, consumption and so on) basically represents the different categories of which the respective data had been grouped under Y.
To look at the implications on different categories in particular, I have generated a couple of variables as of following:
gen consume_1 if consumption=1
replace consume_1=0 if consumption!=1
gen consume_2 if consumption=2
replace consume_2=0 if consumption!=2
drop consume_2
gen consume_2
gen consume_2 if consumption=1
replace consume_2=0 if consumption!=2
gen consume_3 if consumption=1
replace consume_3=0 if consumption!=3
gen health_1 if health=1
replace health_1=0 if health!=1
gen educ_1 if education=1
replace educ_1=0 if education!=1
gen labor_1 if labor=1
replace labor_1=0 if labor!=1
That means inaddtion to the above, I have income_1,income_2 and income_3 and similar for the rest as well in binary (0,1) format.To conduct a meta analysis in Stata, could anyone  help me in suggesting what kind of regression I should be possibly utilizing and giving me an example of the commands I should be using in Stata? Also please explain a bit on how to use the control variables inside this model.

Cheers,

Azreen Karim
PhD Candidate